Date: October 23, 2020
Privacy and Acceptable Use Policy, version 1.9
You have the right to know how your information is used. We have the obligation to tell you and to do what we say.
This Privacy and Acceptable Use Policy describes how NOWzapp handles the data it has access to.
When you use NOWzapp, you send pieces of data to NOWzapp; this can be a name, your mobile number, telephone numbers from your contact list, information relating to your use of the service, and your location or other information or other information. Data is generated implicitly by your use of NOWzapp. We use this information for internal analytical purposes to improve the product for you. We may also contract with other entities to perform work for us and we may need to share this information with them in order to provide our services. Third party service providers include BugSnag, Amazon Web Services, and Google Cloud Messaging. We do not sell your data to third parties.
We ask for your contacts because that’s how NOWzapp identifies other users of the service. If Jane Smith has NOWzapp and Jane Smith is in your contacts, you and Jane Smith will be able to get together if you both want to because NOWzapp has imported Jane as one of your contacts. We do not share your contacts with other people.
NOWzapp usage data
NOWzapp records certain requests and transactions in files based on your use of NOWzapp. This data is used for troubleshooting, statistics, analytics, quality assurance, and to monitor system security and can be analyzed to that end. NOWzapp can publish anonymous statistics under the condition that no personally identifiable information can be derived from such statistics.
We collect information from or about the mobile devices where you install or access our services, depending on the permissions you’ve granted. Here are some examples of the device information we may collect:
- Attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers.
- Device locations, including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals.
- Times when you are available to see other people.
- Connection information such as the name of your mobile operator, browser type, language and time zone, and mobile phone number.
- NOWzapp does not collect names, emails, addresses or other contact information from its users’ mobile address book or contact lists other than mobile phone numbers—the NOWzapp mobile application will associate whatever name the NOWzapp user has assigned to the mobile telephone number in his/her mobile address book or contact list — and this occurs dynamically on the mobile device itself and not on NOWzapp’s servers and is not transmitted to NOWzapp. This means that if you have your friend’s mobile phone number associated with the name “Meester Smith” in your mobile address book, that’s the name that will appear for that mobile phone number in your NOWzapp contact list.
- If someone in your mobile phone contacts has joined NOWzapp, you will both be shown to each other as contacts. However, you will not appear to each other as available unless you both indicate that you are available on the same day. Choosing the “All Friends” option will make you available to all your contacts. Alternatively, you may choose selected contacts, and you may choose to block specific contacts.
- NOWzapp does not collect any information about the phone calls you make or your use of apps other than NOWzapp. NOWzapp gives you the option to launch text from the app. You do not have to use this feature. If you choose this feature, the text is autopopulated with a message to your friends that you are available. However, NOWzapp does not track the text you actually send out or the people you contact by using text.
User-accounts are protected by passwords. You should choose a secure password and ensure its confidentiality to prevent unauthorized access to your account.
When you and another person indicate that you want to see each other, as a default, you will see distance from each other. Sophisticated users may use this information to discover your location. YOU CONSENT TO THE DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION AS DESCRIBED IN THIS SECTION.
Inviting from NOWzapp
You may invite friends to join NOWzapp. When you choose a friend to invite, we will launch a text with that friend’s information so that you can contact the friend. We access your contacts to put in your friend’s contact information. We do not send the text. You have to choose to send the text.
Communication between you and NOWzapp
If you send NOWzapp a message, this message can be stored to process it, to compile statistical information, to improve our services and support, or to get in touch with you.
Sharing personal information
NOWzapp may share personal information with other companies or individuals only in the following limited circumstances: (i) NOWzapp has your consent; (ii) NOWzapp has good faith that there is a legal obligation to share the data; (iii) NOWzapp needs to access or share the data to protect the security of the service or of others users’ data; (iv) NOWzapp needs to access or share the data to protect NOWzapp’s rights and property or to enforce the Terms of Service. NOWzapp may suggest third party products or services to you. If you click on links in such descriptions, you may be taken to third party sites which have separate privacy policies.
Acceptable Use. You agree not to use NOWzapp to:
- obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorized access to our servers, systems, network, or data or any third party servers, systems, network, or data;
- make available any content that is harmful to children, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
- violate any applicable laws or regulations;
- impersonate any person or entity; or forge or manipulate headers or identifiers to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through NOWzapp;
- make available any content that you do not have the right to make available or that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any person or entity;
- post content containing advertisements or other commercial solicitations without our prior written permission; or
- make available viruses or any other computer code, files, programs or content designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the Services or affect other users.
Report Abusive Conduct
If you are experiencing through NOWzapp any abusive conduct, including harassment, stalking or defamation or are aware of any illegal conduct using NOWzapp, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We ask for your permission to access your geographic location information. If you give such permission, we collect your geographic location to determine your distance from other users through the technology on your mobile device. You may change such access to geographic location information via the settings on your mobile device. Your last known location can be stored for the purpose of calculating your distance from other users. If you do not give us this permission, you may not be able to use the full functionality of NOWzapp and will not be able to determine how far away a matching user is.
You can manage location settings on your device. To do this, open your device’s Settings, find your location permissions for Uber, and toggle location “on” or “off”.
You may control the usage of location data on your iOS device.
You can manage location settings on your device. To do this:
1. Open your device’s Settings
2. Tap “Privacy,” then “Location Services”
3. Select “NOWzapp”
4. Select “Always,” “While Using the App,” or “Never”